ALL ABOUT HE'EIA
Mission - The mission of the library program is to support classroom learning, curriculum, information literacy and the love of learning through reading and writing.
Standards - The student who is information literate:
1. Assesses information efficiently and effectively.
2. Evaluates information critically and competently.
3. Uses information accurately and creatively.
4. Pursues information related to personal interest.
5. Appreciates literature and other creative expressions of information.
6. Strives for excellence in information seeing and knowledge generation.
Responsibilities - If a book is lost or damaged:
1. It must be paid for in order to borrow again.
2. Any students with unsettled accounts at the end of the school year will not receive a report card til the matter is resolved.
3. No refunds will be given if the book is found after the last day of school. You may keep the book instead.
The teachers and library will make every effort to let you and your child know of missing/overdue materials throughout the school year. Feel free to contact the library if you feel there has been a mistake. We will gladly try to help you.
- Grades k - 1: 1 book
- Grades 2 - 3: 2 books
- Grades 4 - 6: 3 books
The loan period is 10 days
- Keep the pages clean.
- Keep library books dry.
- Return your books on time.
- Do not write or color in books.
- Report any damages.
The Library Club provides a valuable service tot he entire school. Club members are trained to be library aides assisting in shelving, checking in and checking out books, organizing materials, processing books, and helping patrons find books. They commit to at least one lunch and recess to help out in the library.